When you wish upon a star . . . makes no difference who you are . . . anything your heart desires will come . . . to . . . you . . . I make a wish and do as dreamers do . . . and all our wishes . . . will . . . come . . . true . . .

Thursday 14 July 2011

Too Much Information... Brain Overload!

27th June 2011 1:00am US Time...


Just a quickie for today guys as I’m absolutely exhausted! I worked from 2.30pm until 11pm tonight and my brain hurts from all the things I’ve learnt so far.

Spent the morning by the pool with Louise who had to vomit because of a particularly heavy night at House of Blues (bless her.)

I took the bus that got me to work about 30 minutes early and I was wearing my white T-shirt with my black sixth form skirt, my brogues and my brown woven belt. I wasn’t sure whether I had to dress all smart or not, but I figured that you don’t get a second chance at making a first impression, so I went the whole hog and topped it all off with a Big Beautiful Eye from benefit. This is how I looked:

When I arrived at costuming I met Katya, my trainer. I think I’m really going to like her. She’s from Puerto Rico and she is also a trainer at The Great Movie Ride! She’s only in her early twenties yet has already been made a relief co-ordinator which shows that she loves her job and that she works hard... definitely my kind of person.

She took me to get my costume which is rather ‘fetch’ if I say so myself. Ugly black 'sneakers', a pair of grey pants made of wool (!) with stripes down the side, plus a thick silky type shirt (probably polyester... the horror) in a bright blue with red and orange detailing. I actually quite like it, although the pants aren’t quite as tight over my ass as I would like. Then again, I guess they are fitted in order to keep within the Disney Look, so I’ll take it!

Seriously I can’t go over everything I learnt today as it was just TOO intense. Bits that I can still remember are learning how to operate the simulators (pushing a lot of buttons), reading about Safe D (and how it Begins with Me), I got a little practise at Welcome Agent which was pretty cool as I liked measuring kids and letting them know that they are tall enough to ride, I memorised about all six fire exits (Exit 1? We’ve just begun. Exit 2? It’s in the queue. Exit 3? Ewok Trees. Exit 4? Break-room door. Exit 5? Perimeter Drive. Exit 6? Muppet bricks.) AND I got to see the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade, the Jedi Training Academy AND the sexy ass Storm Troopers without their heads on. Nomnomnom. Definitely on my to-do list: Make out with a Storm Trooper.

In all it was a good day considering I was worried I might hate it. Not sure what tomorrow will bring... I’m working the same hours again and Katya says that she wants me to actually launch a flight by myself, including all the little spiel bits I have to say... Kind of nervous but really looking forward to it!

Keep reading and I’ll blog as often as possible.

gabriellasofia

No comments:

Post a Comment