When you wish upon a star . . . makes no difference who you are . . . anything your heart desires will come . . . to . . . you . . . I make a wish and do as dreamers do . . . and all our wishes . . . will . . . come . . . true . . .

Thursday 14 July 2011

"As Long as I get to Spiel, I'm Happy" :)

28th June 2010 1.00am US Time...

Ok, so maybe Star Tours isn’t the worst thing EVER :D

I really enjoyed doing my spiel today. This is how it goes...

‘Hey guys, welcome to Star Tours! Could everyone in rows two through five please watch your arms and legs? I’m about to close the doors to the right hand side...’ Then I push the ‘Close-The-Doors’ button. ‘I’ll be right back!’ At this stage I have to go outside and close some doors with another button and press a button which photographs the whole cabin. ‘Right guys, we’ve just got a couple more cabin checks to run through before we’re ready to launch. So if everyone could give a quick tug on those yellow straps attached to your seatbelts for me, it would be great. We want to make sure everything is safe and secure as we are going into space after all!’ Then I check the seatbelt panel to make sure they are all locked. ‘It’s good.’ Then I have to walk up to the person on the left hand side (his/her left hand side) of the cabin whilst checking that there is nothing behind the doors on that side, before telling him/her that I’m about the close the doors to the left. ‘Right guys, it looks like we’re good to go. At this time could everyone please put on your flight glasses, may the Force be with you, and have a good flight!’ Then I launch the Starspeeder!

Love it. Today I got to go and stand behind the Calamari (these red monster things) and pretend to be looking at their computers. It’s not particularly a requirement of the job at all, but Katya thought it might be fun and all the guests were looking up at us which I thought was pretty cool.

I think I’ll be able to settle into Star Tours just fine. Fingers crossed!

gabriellasofia

No comments:

Post a Comment