When you wish upon a star . . . makes no difference who you are . . . anything your heart desires will come . . . to . . . you . . . I make a wish and do as dreamers do . . . and all our wishes . . . will . . . come . . . true . . .

Thursday 14 July 2011

Kiddie Dance Party and Earl of Sandwich Pig-Out... NOM!

3rd July 11.30pm (US Time...)


Totally aced my assessment! Haha, win J And that’s in spite of the fact that my throat is so remarkably raw it feels like I’ve been swallowing glass. So happy that I now get to fly Star Speeders for a living, eep!

Plus my assessor, Steve, was really cool. Like he only really wanted to see me in each role for about ten minutes, so after the written assessment was over my day was just a series of rotations and breaks. Excellent day in all, which I should definitely anticipated as my day started when The Guy (which he shall be known as from now on) woke me at 7am with a text. Call me crazy, but I thought that was pretty cute! Especially as it was all, ‘Wakey wakey, sleepy head, good luck in your assessment’ or whatever. Already when I think about him I smile and just go, ‘Mmm.’ J

Once I’d finished at work I came back to the flat and did what I always do when I have a little time to spare... I took a nap. When I woke up, Joe and Vikki wanted some din-dins so we decided to head to DTD to get some Earl of Sandwich in us. By the way, Earl of Sandwich is one of the few quick service places which I would say is ACTUALLY worth going to. You get a massive sandwich for just $6 plus we get a CM discount of 20% there, which makes it totally good value for money, particularly if you aren’t a big pig and are able to save half of your sandwich for another meal. Naturally, I did not do this as my Hawiian-themed sandwich stuffed with turkey, ham, pineapple and barbecue sauce was JUST TOO GOOD TO SAVE. Nom.

After eating to the stage where I nearly wanted to vomit, we went to watch and participate in the kiddie dance party. Seriously, the American’s have a dance routine for virtually every song. I finally got to grips with the one for Cotton Eyed Joe... I think. Me and Vikki pounded it to Tik Tok by Ke$ha which was fun as we were dancing right in front of the sexy DJ man; quite hilarious as I was wearing incredibly inappropriate knickers considering the shortness of my dress, the enthusiasm of my dancing and the force of the wind. I spent most of the night clutching the bottom of my skirt and trying to make out that it was just part of a new dance move I was trying out. Also, I definitely took out a three year old with my aggressive dancing... woops.

Anyway, as usual, I am exhausted so I’m going to get some shut-eye. A good idea I reckon as I have an epic 15 hour shift tomorrow starting at 10.30am. Oh Lord. So my 4th of July will be great. NOT!

Sweet dreamsss.

gabriellasofia

No comments:

Post a Comment