When you wish upon a star . . . makes no difference who you are . . . anything your heart desires will come . . . to . . . you . . . I make a wish and do as dreamers do . . . and all our wishes . . . will . . . come . . . true . . .

Thursday 14 July 2011

Returning to my Home Away from Home... Wilderness Lodge!

14th July 2011 (1.30am US Time...)


I had the day off todayyyyy! Well, yesterday, technically as it is so late. You know what I mean.

Work on Tuesday really wasn’t so bad. I’m really starting (slowly but surely) to get used to the uber-long hours.

So, enough about work. Let me tell you about the lush day I’ve had today!

This morning was a bit bizarre. The people that organise the program were holding casting calls to choose some people to star in the next ICP video. If you haven’t seen one of these videos already, check this out... So naturally, you know what I’m like, so I just had to go along! I walked to the Commons where the ‘audition’ was and managed to find my way over to apartment 812. Literally all I had to do was write down my information and answer the following three questions: 1) What’s your favourite part about the program so far? 2) What are you going to take away from being on the program? AND 3) What would you say to someone who is on the fence about applying for the program?

Honestly, I think I gave all the right answers... I was on about making new friends, facing new challenges blablabla. The only problem was that it was all so informal that I was talking in my normal voice. Like, I was expecting to reel off a quick script in my best ‘I’m-a-cheesy-Disney-ICP’ voice. Hmmm, I guess we’ll have to wait and see. The guy said they aren’t sure about how many people they need, but that I’ll hear by Friday if I’m successful, so I’ll keep an eye on my emails I guess!

After all that me and Vikki had planned to go mooch around a Magic Kingdom resort or two, as she’s really not so crazy about the parks. So we decided that we’d head to the Wilderness Lodge. Before we knew it, Louise and Karyn had invited themselves along too (the CHEEK OF IT!) I figured it would be nicer to take the bus to Fort Wilderness then get the boat to the Lodge rather than getting the bus to Transportation and Ticket at the Magic Kingdom then the bus to the Lodge. It was lucky I made that executive decision actually, as we found the best value meal in ALL OF DISNEY WORLD... so far at least.

Now, Trails End is a family favourite of mine. We often go for the lunch/dinner buffet and it is one of the most reasonably priced buffets in the whole of Disney. They serve fried chicken, pulled pork, chilli con carne etc. Really yummy, rustic type food that makes you think of home comforts and whatnot. Anyway, it would seem that they don’t do a lunch time buffet anymore L HAVE NO FEAR they have an a la carte menu which effectively has all of the buffet items on it. And guess what, if we go to any Disney restaurant at lunch-time, Cast Members (CM’s) get a whopping 40% off as opposed to the usual 20%! Epic win. Plus the serving sizes are massive.

Karyn had an appetiser of chilli as her main meal followed by a s’mores dessert which she shared with me so I think her end price was like, $8. That’s like, £6. Louise and I shared a BBQ pulled pork sandwich which they split across two plates for us, and so Louise spent about the same as Karyn. Vikki absolutely pigged out and had the chilli AND a whopping great burger and still only spent about $14 (£11 or so), whilst I added a pot of ‘Hop n Jack’ to my shared items (it’s basically rice and peas with a BBQ marinade) and I spent about $13. That all includes tips as well.

I love it there. I think we’re going to go for the breakfast buffet next Wednesday as we were so impressed with it. Plus, our server, Edsel, was quite literally the nicest man EVER. He had some sort of sexy Southern accent and kept laughing at Vikki for being such a notorious P.I.G and he kept refilling our drinks and being really attentive. We even gave him a Great Service Fanatic card (which is a bit like a gold star or house point on his record card!) as he went totally ABOVE AND BEYOND our expectations. He loved us too.

Once we were full up we headed to the dock and waved Louise off on her way to work before getting our boat to the Wilderness Lodge. I'll be honest, it was odd being there without my family :( Then we spent the next four hours lying on the beach by the lake... it’s a hard life. After a while Vikki decided to head back so she could Skype her boyf (kinky, much) and me a Karyn went and dipped in the hotel pool. Naughty naughty. It was so lush! After soaking up the last few rays, drying off and people watching we headed over to the Magic Kingdom to catch The Magic, The Memories and You, then Wishes. We skipped the stupid Main Street Electrical Parade as she’d seen it about a million times, I hate it and Vikki wasn’t there to bully us into watching it just so she could listen to the bleepy snails.

It was quite a productive night to be honest. We bought pineapple floats (I had orange ice cream on mine this time and yummmmm), rode Splash Mountain and Space Mountain and saw Mickey’s Philharmagic, which I just LOVE with a fiery passion. I had a really good time.

Absolutely exhausted now though! I’m definitely going to go to sleep until whenever I wake up tomorrow as I have another day off. Desperately need to do my laundry but apart from that I have no plans as such, so we’ll see what the day brings. Might pop along to the Premium Outlet mall across the street, sunbathe by the pool and catch Fantasmic and the finale of the American Idol Experience in Hollywood Studios, but I don’t know anyone else with the day off, so we’ll have to wait and see J

Je t’aime!

gabriellasofia

No comments:

Post a Comment