When you wish upon a star . . . makes no difference who you are . . . anything your heart desires will come . . . to . . . you . . . I make a wish and do as dreamers do . . . and all our wishes . . . will . . . come . . . true . . .

Thursday 14 July 2011

Exhausted ALMOST to Tears... Is this REALLY the 'Happiest Place on Earth'?

5th July 2011 4,00pm (US Time...)


Ok, so I was definitely supposed to be in work from 9.30am until 10pm tonight, but considering the rawness of my throat and the exhaustion I am experiencing from last night, I called in sick. Yeah, I went there, I did it. So sue me.

Yesterday was... mmm... horrendous. Honestly, it wasn’t that bad until I’d been at work for about 13 hours and was collecting glasses. That’s when I was so exhausted and depressed that I don’t have any interest in Star Wars and hence aren’t as excited about my job as I could have been if I’d been placed elsewhere that I genuinely got tears in my eyes. On my break I texted The Guy as we’ve been texting all day every day since the first text a few days ago and he was so sweet being all, ‘Come on, it’s just because you’re not used to such long hours, you know you can do it, you’re strong, just push blablabla...’ It was very sweet. I was also texting Vikki and she told me that she was feeling the same about her job and that she’d had a massive Cry-Fest earlier on even to the extent of checking flight prices to come home, before she decided to get over herself. Bless her.

I get where she’s coming from, but seriously the worst part for me yesterday was knowing that I have so many more hours than everyone else. Like, seriously, if I hadn’t taken today off sick I would only have had one day off this week and 60 hours worth of work. I know people keep saying, ‘Oh, but you’ll be rich’, but it’s like, if I wanted to be rich I would have just worked at Fedex in the UK all summer like I did last year. I didn’t shell out nearly £1500 to get her because I wanted to be rich, I did it so I could have an amazing experience, which I simply can’t get if I’m working virtually every waking hour of the day: particularly when most of my friends are only really working about 40 hours five days a week. You can see how self-deprecating I am right now.

On the plus side I got to watch the Hollywood Studios 4th of July fireworks from backstage with this guy from Ivory Coast named Yanik... it was very romantic. Lol jk. Yanik’s really sweet, but it wasn’t romantic... I was all sweaty and wanting to cry from exhaustion. The fireworks were, however, amazing. No joke. The force of their explosions actually blew against my clothes and the stairs were shaking. It was epic.

Anyways, today I’ve been to the pool for a bit and just lay there. I’ve been drinking Lemsip and the like and just trying to be relaxed to be honest. Found out the other day that I passed my second year at uni which is great news, so that’s one less thing for me to worry about right now J On the other hand I still haven’t received my new DS-2019 so I’ve been calling Immigration Compliance at Disney all weekend and not getting a reply. Eek. My 30 days are nearly up and if I don’t get that document before my deadline then I’ll have to fly all the way home to little old England L Extremely stressful to say the least.

Vikki took today off too and Joe already had it off so maybe we’ll do something mellow tonight. Not sure... we’ll have to see.

gabriellasofia

No comments:

Post a Comment