When you wish upon a star . . . makes no difference who you are . . . anything your heart desires will come . . . to . . . you . . . I make a wish and do as dreamers do . . . and all our wishes . . . will . . . come . . . true . . .

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Chatham Pool, Illuminations and Strawberry Shortbread...

23rd of June 11.45pm Us Time...


What a great day!!!

I had a lie-in until about 10, uploaded a big old bunch of photos to facebook, started posting some of these blogs I’ve been writing and just generally chilled out until Louise and Vikki came over at about 2pm. We hung out for a bit whilst Louise moaned because she’d been forced to wear a lab-coat in her training because her skirt was inappropriately short. I know I shouldn’t laugh, but I really couldn’t help it. Apparently, Rich Port even walked over to her and said, ‘Did you come in that?’, whilst Vikki wondered, ‘What’s she got on?’ but didn’t want to ask as it was just too awkward. I laughed so hard! Poor Louise. I’ve since lent her my pencil skirt, as we think she’ll get away with that tomorrow and this way she doesn’t have to go buy an entirely new skirt. Bless her.

At around 3pm we went to the pool with Taryn and we found Karyn there! I love Karyn, she’s from Scotland and it so funny. We met some French boys named Pierre (how stereotypical) and Something Else (didn’t quite catch his name, which was a shame really as he was kind of hot) after confiscating their ball. They were splashing us. And taking up the whole pool with their stupid-boy-game of throw-and-catch. Seriously, boys are so easily amused. They had it coming.

Once we’d finished at around 5pm we headed back to our flats because we wanted to catch Illumination: Reflections of Earth firework show at EPCOT and have some dinner too and on the way back we found Joe. YAY! He said he’d come with and we all agreed to meet in half-an-hour. Well because we are all uber-vain, none of us were ready until about half six, but whatever. I love us, so I’ll let us off.

We went into EPCOT via another Cast Entrance (I really don’t think I’ll ever tire of materialising out of thin air) and walked right onto World Showcase. I love World Showcase as its a massive path around a lake and a big old bunch of countries are represented with different pavilions hosting shops, restaurants and attractions. There is Canada, China, Japan, Norway, Mexico, France, Italy, Germany, Morocco and even England home to a proper English pub named the Rose and Crown. Seriously, on World Showcase there are tons of places to eat, and yet we couldn’t all settle on one so decided to go to Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavillion in Future World. Tons of different options to suit everyone’s taste and desert’s galore. NOM. Plus it’s all pretty reasonably priced.

Again, I went with a kiddie meal of chicken thigh with mashed potato and rice. I know that potato and rice don’t often go together, but it loved it. Wanged a big load of soy sauce onto my rice and hot sauce onto my chicken. The mash was lurvely so it didn’t need anything extra. I had it with a cup of pink lemonade (NOM) and followed up with a strawberry shortbread which was just scrumptious. Mmm. I could eat it all over again.

Once we’d finished up at dinner we walked back to the lake to catch the fireworks from the bridge near to England (an excellent spot if you’re ever after one). Once again, we had planned to meet up with my Vista pals like Kristian, Sexy Rich Elliot, Katie and Leanna, but we couldn’t find them, L so once the fireworks were over we walked over to the bus stop at the Beach Club Resort (this happened by mistake as we used the wrong exit out of the park. However, it was totally for the best as we didn’t have to wait in line for the monorail back to the TTC (Transportation and Ticket Centre)... WIN!)

Can’t believe it’s so early and yet we’re all so tired! I think it’s finally catching up on us. I have my in-park training first thing tomorrow, so I really should get some rest.

Wish me luck for tomorrow... keep your fingers crossed for the Great Movie Ride for me J

Love

gabriellasofia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabriella.. I found your blog because Hayley Kendrick gave me the address - she's my manager at the Disney Store... and just to make it that tad bit more freaky, I did my ICP last year at Star Tours....! I kept a blog too - http://magicalsummer2010.blogspot.com

    Hope you're having a magical time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Catherine hi! Would you like me to send your love to anyone? Thanks for getting in touch, I feel like I'm starting to settle in now :) x

    ReplyDelete