When you wish upon a star . . . makes no difference who you are . . . anything your heart desires will come . . . to . . . you . . . I make a wish and do as dreamers do . . . and all our wishes . . . will . . . come . . . true . . .

Thursday 23 June 2011

The Journey Begins!

19th June 2011 – 17.00pm (ish) UK Time... 12.00pm (ish) US Time...

Hello guys! So I know I promised more advice on applying back in December, but then I realized that most of that information can be found in my Vlogs anyway, so if you want to see it please check out http://www.youtube.com/TheGabriellaSofia and if you have any further questions please ask and I'll be more than happy to help you :-) Thanks for following my Disney Adventure so far! I’m writing this first blog from the airplane. We are only one-and-a-half hours away now, so that’s not too bad I guess... So let’s do a boring recap of my day J

4.30am – I woke up at the Travelodge where I was staying with Louise and Emma. Realised I had another couple of hours worth of sleep so dozed off again.

6.15am – Emma texted me from her room saying something to the effect of, ‘Eeeeeeeep!’

6.20am – My dad texted me to wake me up... he seriously thinks I’m an idiot. As if I would oversleep on the day of my flight to the Happiest Place on Earth.

6.30am – I got up out of bed and Louise agreed to let me shower first. Jumped in the shower, brushed my teeth, put on my travel outfit. If you are interested in what this outfit included then... I have on a black pair of tights (which I will remove upon arrival in the US obviously as it’s going to be like an oven...), my little white dress (which has been unzipped for most of the flight as I’ve been feeling a bit bloated L), my denim over-sized shirt, my brown T-bar wedges from Miss Selfridge (I know... ridiculously impractical, but if I’d had them in my case I would have had to pay overweight I bet) and a little denim flower Kirby grip in my hair. I did my makeup and packed up my last bits.

7.25am – Me and Louise realised we only had twenty minutes left before the shuttle arrived and began to panic.

7.45am – We made it to the shuttle! It cost £3.50 to get to the North Terminal which really wasn’t too bad. However, us girls don’t travel light and I in particular had two whopping great suitcases, so a variety of ‘big strong men’ assisted us. Good Samaritan, eat your heart out.

8.10am – My cases were weighed (I’d paid £34 online the night before so I could take two cases) and surprisingly they were a couple of kilos off the limit of 23kg. GREAT SUCCESS.

8.20am – Not such a great success, Louise’s case was 3 kilos over L Her case is one of those heavy plastic ones though which the check-in lady says weight about 6kg alone! Remind me never to use one of those bad boys. Louise had to move some stuff to her hand luggage which was difficult considering she didn’t have hardly any heavy things. She ended up chucking some nail varnish remover, deodorant and wax and she also moved some handbags to my hand luggage so all was well and we were back on our way.

8.50am – Made our way through security without a hitch.

9.00am – Found Bethan John. HUZZAH!!! We headed over to Wetherspoons and were soon joined by Johanna (Glass-Doors) Bretherton, Jayne McEvoy, Rebecca Ripley, Danni T, Karyn, Joanne Lister and Melissa. I epically indulged in a full English to commemorate my leaving the country.

10.00am – Bought a couple of extra adaptors, a memory card for my camera and some batteries in duty free, plus some Jelly Babies, a big bar of Galaxy caramel (nom) and prawn cocktail crisps. I also got Tatler and the Company High Street Edit mags for in case I got bored.

11.00am – Began boarding the plane after chatting with Mom, Dad and Meewps. I was asked if I had my DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility to Work in the United States... Well... About that... I lost it. I know, how stupid am I??? Yesterday I had an absolute nightmare when I couldn’t find it and genuinely thought I wouldn’t be able to go L But thanks to an absolute HERO named Barbara at Arrivals in Disney, I soon learned that this could be sorted. Anyways, I told the man that asked me the truth and he rang ahead to Immigration for me in the USA to forewarn them. He was really nice actually, while he was one the phone he was like, ‘I have this lovely girl with a beautiful smile here and I just wanted to warn you that you have to let her in once she’s filled out some extra information.’ I was so thankful because the day before, me and Meewps had literally been in tears thinking I wouldn’t be able to go!

11.20am – HOUSTON WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!

And the rest in history. Only one hour and nine minutes left now. The food hasn’t been bad, I’ll admit. It was a choice between chicken curry or beef casserole for lunch with a smoked salmon salad and profiteroles for desert. Win. I had the curry. Yum. Just now the cabin crew bought around some sandwiches and following the initial outrage that the horseradish sauce was obligatory, the beef sandwiches went down well!

The in-flight entertainment has been great too. The movies have included Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, Black Swan, True Grit, The King’s Speech and about ten others, and the television shows were ‘plentiful’ with The Simpsons and Family Guy being some of my top choices.

Anyways, getting closer so I’d better go fill out my customs form and put my memory card in my camera and my contact lenses back in my eyes (I haven’t watch a single movie but slept for about two hours, so the flight has gone relatively quick).

Wish me luck for immigration... I hope it doesn’t all take too long and I can head over to Disney with all the others! By the time I post this I’ll be in my flat so hopefully all will have been well.

Love you guys and I promise I will update as and when I can!

Have a magical day J

gabriellasofia

No comments:

Post a Comment